Thursday 17 March 2011

Taking Stock

Having the show has really made me think about where my work should go next- a bit annoying really, with less than a fortnight till the assessment for my Uni module! Looking at my work, I can see an increasingly Sci-Fi influence. This is quite surprising given that I have never really been interested in Sci-Fi and I don't think I'd ever watched a Sci-Fi film until I came up with this idea for developing my work!

The piece below was the one that really got me thinking about the world I am depicting in my work.
Photocollage and acrylic on copper

There's also been a lot of theory that's fed into my ideas lately. Imogen Rasz's lecture a few weeks ago about the way Modernists considered the home as needing to be separated from the domestic inspired me greatly.
Some feedback and suggestions for interesting Sci-Fi stuff would be really appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment