Saturday 14 January 2012

New year, new post (finally!)

Now I'm back at Uni for the second half of my final year, I felt I should get back to blogging again! It's been a very hectic first week back, but it's also been fairly productive too. I went to Birmingham yesterday to the IKON gallery to see the Stuart Whipps and John Myers exhibitions- both were really interesting and have made me think about how my work could develop over the next few months. The light was also really nice so took some photos of some of the Brutalist structures around the city.


Digital photograph of Birmingham Central Library (John Madin)

I am continuing to explore printing processes and have moved into aquatint and etching (although I am planning some screenprinting soon.


This image is an etching that was part of the work I submitted to HDTI in Coventry and is now displayed in their offices. More images of work will be posted soon!

As ever, feedback would be great!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome etching Lizzie! Can't wait to see what else you have planned!
    Hanxxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizzie we chatted at the TPWM event at The Barber yesterday. Here's the link to my blog post that I wrote about Birmingham Library, John Madin building and it also includes the Vitra museum too. http://blog.frillipmoolog.co.uk/2010/02/fighting-to-build-fighting-to-save-zaha.html

    I'm looking forward to seeing your work in the flesh at BMAG when I visit that part of New Art West Midlands. Best Wishes Kirsty E smith

    ReplyDelete